Re: Uninstalling Liliypond

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: Uninstalling Liliypond
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:29:00 +0100

I would mention it on the main page of LilyPond, like this: Get Started Now! Choose your platform: Linux Windows Mac

Most people (including me) never reads any documentation in the first place. Starting to use lilypond (or any software) should definitely work without reading a single word of the manual. People are especially scared by the followings: making choices and reading documentation.
So inexperienced users should not decide anything. How could they decide e.g. if they need the development or the stable version? Then he goes with the instable LilyPond, the stable jEdit and Java 1.4 And finds that nothing works.