Re: \fromproperty return problem.

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: \fromproperty return problem.
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:08:58 +0100

Le 21 févr. 08 à 14:57, Gilles THIBAULT a écrit :

I just try the version "2.11.40" and his new markup command : \underline. I am very happy with it but i have a problem using it with the \fromproperty
command.
In the score above, there is no title defined in the score header but you can see a line above
the note :

  { c'1^\markup { \underline \fromproperty #'header:title } }

It seems that \fromproperty doesn't return an empty stencil, even if the property given in the argument is empty. It becomes a problem in a book with several scores, if you defines a scoreTitleMarkup for example in a way like that

\paper {
  scoreTitleMarkup = \markup {
      printallheaders=##t
     ....\underline \fromproperty #'header:subsubtitle

because if a score has no subsubtitle, you'll get a (under)line !

Is there a workaround for that ?

I use a \when-property markup command to handle that:

#(define-markup-command (when-property layout props symbol markp) (symbol? markup?)
  (if (chain-assoc-get symbol props)
      (interpret-markup layout props markp)
      (ly:make-stencil '()  '(1 . -1) '(1 . -1))))

\when-property #'header:title \underline \fromproperty #'header:title