Re: Adding a tremolo for beamed notes

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Adding a tremolo for beamed notes
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 00:56:32 +0200

Hi again,

On 03/03/2008, Risto Vääräniemi wrote:
>  I came up with a piece of music that combines a tremolo with a beamed
>  eight note. It looks a bit unorthodox (as I cannot find a solution in
>  the manual) but it conveys the meaning very well.

I kind of solved the problem by using a function by Bertalan,
replacing the Feta font character with an EPS file and tweaking the
values a bit.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-01/msg00575.html

Honestly, I don't really know how all happens but the result looks
acceptable to me. :-)

-Risto

%%%%%%
\version "2.11.41"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

trBm =
{
    \override Voice.Stem #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
    (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge (ly:stem::print grob) 1 0
    (ly:text-interface::print grob) -3 0))
    \override Voice.Stem #'text = \markup { \hspace #-1.35 \lower #0.5
    \epsfile #1 #1.78 #"tremolobeams.eps" }
}

trRev = \revert Voice.Stem #'stencil

\relative c'