New ancient time signature?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: New ancient time signature?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:45:05 -0400

The documentation for ancient time signatures
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Ancient-time-signatures>
(it doesn't seem to have changed noticeably since 2.10, which is what
I'm actually using) has a circle with a dot inside and a left half circle
with a dot inside, but no right half circle with a dot inside.

I'm transcribing something from Morley's "Plaine and Easie..."
(neither plain nor easy from the point of view of a 21st century
musician) which uses the right half circle with a dot.  The modern
transcription I have access to seems to believe he meant a 12/4 time
signature when he wrote that.

Would it be easy to add this symbol?  If it's easy but not trivial,
would the person for whom it's easy like to point me to a starting
place so I could take a crack at it?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139