Re: Proportional notation/spacetime notation

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Proportional notation/spacetime notation
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:22:23 -0700

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:24 AM, Stephen Lavelle <address@hidden> wrote:
A big problem that several people I know have had with finale and the like is that of implementing time-space notation.

The proportional notation setting in lilypond is close to this, but has the problem for people who want to use time-space notation that it only works on a bar-by-bar basis, when the ideal would to have the proportions make sense globally, and not just within individual bars.

Has anybody else here wrestled with this?

Hi Stephen,

LilyPond's proportional notation is an exciting package to work with and I've enjoyed using it in some of my recent scores.

Can you specify what you mean by the proportions making sense only bar by bar? Is it possible that you have ragged-right set equal to ##f in your score? (The layout setting ragged-right is set to ##f by default; to get really good results with LilyPond's proportional notation, you should set ragged-right = ##t somewhere, like in the \layout block.)

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača