Re: tuplets interferring with slurs

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: tuplets interferring with slurs
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:02:35 +0300

On 02/04/2008, Matthew wrote:
> Do slurs and tuplet brackets know about each other?
>
>  The following code produces a not very nice slur on the second tuplet.
>  Additionally, it is very sensitive to the TupletNumber Y-offsett

I've noticed the same thing but in a different context. The slur
sometimes crosses the tuplet number and if you add some padding the
slur changes shape.

I've had to change both TupletNumber #'avoid-slur and TupletBracket
#'padding to get pleasing results.

My example:

%%%%%
\version "2.10.33"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

\relative c'
{
   \slurUp

   \times 2/3 { e8( e) e }

   \once \override TupletBracket #'padding = #2
   \times 2/3 { e8( e) e }

   \once \override TupletBracket #'padding = #2
   \once \override TupletNumber #'avoid-slur = #'outside
   \times 2/3 { e8( e) e }
   r4
}
%%%%%

Back to your problem. I couldn't make the Y-offset work after I
changed the avoid-slur. I had to use padding. Any help?

%%%%%
\version "2.10.33"

\relative c'' {
       \time 2/4
       \tupletUp

       \times 2/3 { d8( b)( d) }%these slurs are nice

       \once \override TupletBracket #'padding = #2
       \once \override TupletNumber #'avoid-slur = #'outside
       \times 2/3 { b8( d) b }
}
%%%%%

-Risto