Re: time notation

From: Andrea Valle
Subject: Re: time notation
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 22:41:41 +0200

Ciao Trevor,

I was in fact waiting for your reply...:)
I have suspended the experimentation for the moment, but as soon as I can I'll test it.
Yes, I have floats.

Thanks

Best

-a-

Hi Andrea,

Warning: completely untested idea: but could you simply use proportional notation with  4/4 (hide all the barlines, meters, etc) and then renotate each floating point value as a fraction over 1000 (or 10000)?

  \new Staff {
     c'1 * 3921/1000
     c'1 * 689/1000
  }

(I'm assuming you probably have lists of floats that represent durations or attack times, yes?)

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino

"
Think of it as seasoning
. noise [salt] is boring
. F(blah) [food without salt] can be boring
. F(noise, blah) can be really tasty
"
(Ken Perlin on noise)