Re: adding IR links

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding IR links
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:28:43 -0700

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:49:08 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/4/4 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
> >  Ok.  In that case, you can commit directly.  And when you're
> >  finished Pitches, do Editorial.
>
> Great.
> Do we need to mention exotic things such as Note_performer? If so,
> where?

Dunno.  What does it do?  The reason you're looking at the IR and
not me is that I don't know how to use it.

If it's MIDI, then it isn't part of NR 1+2 anyway.  Other than
brief mentions in unavoidable places like Instrument
Transposition, all MIDI stuff is going in some later section.

In general, I'd say that we don't need "exotic" stuff.  Users should
have read LM 4 before trying anything exotic, and should thus know how
to navigate the IR.  That said, if anybody specifically says "hey, a
link to Exotic_Engraver would be helpful in Accidentals", I'm happy to
add such a link.

Cheers,
- Graham