Re: minimumVerticalExtent & minimum-Y-extent

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: minimumVerticalExtent & minimum-Y-extent
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:45:05 +0200

Frédéric Moinard wrote:
Hi,

I'm beginning with 2.10: 3 voices + verses, and I'd like to keep the default distance between music and verse 1 but a shorter vertical spacing between the next lines of lyrics.

I found that
\layout  {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    minimumVerticalExtent = #'(0 . 0)

didn't do anything... but that
That's correct. This syntax was removed in version 2.7.14. If you have it an old .ly file, and update it using convert-ly, then you should automatically get the new relevant syntax
(which you use below).

\layout  {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 0)

was 'working'.
Yes, but as you have seen, it redefines all Lyric contexts in the score.

Now, how do I keep the 'above default spacing' for the first verse?
To do settings for only one specific instantiation of a context, use the \with construct: \new Lyrics \with {\override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 0) }
 { Here comes the ly -- rics }

   /Mats