Glissandi as "slides" in vocal music

From: Stephen
Subject: Glissandi as "slides" in vocal music
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:43:38 +0000 (UTC)

I am searching your archives and pages for the equivalent of slides in vocal
music.

The appearance of a slide is a short glissando beginning (or ending) at a note
head.  I have a SATB two-staff score with several slides and am wondering if
there is any way to coerce these out of the glissando and scripts.  The
problems here are two-fold: (1) I need to have the ability to begin (end) the
glissando on a note without a visible end (begin) note, and (2) I need to be
able to put multiple glissandi slides on the notes of a chord.

Where should I be looking for a solution?