Re: Moving a hairpin horizontally

From: Kim Bastin
Subject: Re: Moving a hairpin horizontally
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:47:51 +1000

Thanks Mark. My own solution, finally, was to define a dummy dynamic:

spacer = #(make-dynamic-script (markup ""))

and attach it to the starting note, where it displaces the left end of the hairpin to the right by about the width of a notehead. It's not the finest control, and it has kludge written all over it, but it serves the present purpose. And it can be used in similar fashion to displace the right end of the hairpin to the left.

[Hi Mark! Melbourne's still on the Yarra, and stealthily taking over the surrounding countryside. Very dry though.]