Re: horizontally aligning columns in \fill-line

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: horizontally aligning columns in \fill-line
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:54:37 +1000

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:
PS: I had to insert \noPageBreak at every possible point, because without
them, lilypond would always decide it wants to start the real score on an
even-numbered page and stretch the lyrics to three pages, even if that means
that one page contains just one or two lines (e.g. only the headline)!!! I
have no idea how to get around this problem, either...

Are you using the page-turn-breaking function? The default algorithm has no concept of odd and even pages. Turning off ragged-last-bottom can help if lilypond is too eager to badly-space the last page (I probably need to rethink the way that ragged-bottom and ragged-last-bottom affect the scores of different page-breaking configurations). If you can't solve it, please send me the input file and I'll try to see how the algorithm can be improved.

Joe