Re: "header", "layout" and "paper" blocks as variables...

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: "header", "layout" and "paper" blocks as variables...
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:23:17 +0200

2008/5/26 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

> Looking at the source code, I get the impression that it's at least not
> highly trivial to make such
> a change and there might be a good reason why the current default is as it
> is.

Another workaround would be to write an \includeLayout command such as
Nicolas' \includeScore and \includeNotes functions... I'll have a look
at it but I doubt it's possible.

> The GUI mode should preferably pop up an alert window
> on the screen
> in case of serious errors, to make sure that they don't pass unnoticed.

AFAIK LilyPond doesn't (yet) know how to do it; this would require
specific Win32 API calls that we don't use (except in LilyPad).
Speaking of non-trivial enhancements... :-)

However, this would undoubtedly be very much appreciated by Windows newbies.

Cheers,
Valentin