Re: git question

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: git question
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:27:24 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 schrieb hhpmusic:
> Hi,
>   I have no time to learn GIT. I saw Reinhold's Orchestrallily has a dev
> version, but in git access method. I quickly searched the manual, enter $
> git clone ssh://....../orchestrallily.git. The first time I ran it, it
> asked me for password. The second time, It said the dir is already
> existing, and I can't go any further. On the webpage of that package, there
> is a git+ssh://... link, when I pressed enter, the browser can't reach the
> destination. Could someone tell me how to get it?

Ah, sorry, the SSH-access is only for registered developers. Anonymous
(read-only) access is available via the git:// protocol, as  Anthony has
already pointed out. I have now updated the link on the wiki page
accordingly.

Note, however, that the development version has some extensive changes, so
that scores written with version 0.02 will not yet work properly (I intend to
add some legacy settings, to make them work, again, but the code for this is
not yet there).

Key improvements of the development version over 0.02 are:
-) General support for all different kinds of staves and voices (Drum
staves/voices and figured bass, RhythmicStaff, etc.)
-) parallel voices in one staff work,
-) Add *TimeSignature variable
-) implement transpositions
-) interpreting markup using header fields
-) Auto-created table-of-contents
-) Nice title page (full page) and nicer title header
-) Default clefs and Instrument names for lots of common abbreviations

The current status of the documentation for the next version is available at:
http://kainhofer.com/orchestrallily/orchestrallily-bigpage.html (one big page)
http://kainhofer.com/orchestrallily/ (split into multiple pages)

Cheers,
Reinhold