Re: Place to write piano dynamics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Place to write piano dynamics
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:04:02 +0200

Valentin Villenave wrote:

BTW:
I read, lilypond originally was written in C++, but during the developing
process
the authors hdecided schema is more suitable for this task.

No. LilyPond was originally written in some other language (I don't
know... Python? TeX?)
No, the main part of the LilyPond implementation has always been in C++.
The output was first generated in the form of TeX files with some embedded Postscript code, but nowadays that full scores are generated in Postscript and then converted to PDF, using Ghostscript. Python has always been used for implementing utility functions
like convert-ly and lilypond-book.

  /Mats