Re: change default horizontal spacing

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: change default horizontal spacing
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:07:10 +0200

2008/6/10 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
> Actually, I also noticed that recently Lilypond seems to use ragged-right=##t
> for scores with only one line, while before the default was to use
> ragged-right=##f, so all scores that looked fine before now look terrible,
> because they no longer fill the whole line...

It's interesting, because it was originally intended to make
LilyPonder's life easier...

See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-03/msg00092.html
and
http://valentin.villenave.info/The-LilyPond-Report-6#outil_sommaire_5

> In this case it's lilypond silently changing its default rather than the user!

This should have been announced in NEWS, indeed. Nevertheless, I hope
you'll agree that one-line scores are rare in the Real World (except
for exercises, maybe?), while we always need one-line examples to be
ragged-right in documentation, examples, snippets, etc.

Cheers,
Valentin