Re: midi2ly

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: midi2ly
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 22:49:33 +0200

Did you read the section on MacOS X in the manual:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Notes-for-the-MacOS-X-app#Notes-for-the-MacOS-X-app

/Mats

Rafael González wrote:

I have a Mac 10.4. I downloaded lilypond and I am able to typeset files and turn them into MIDI files. I have come to a dead stop in trying to produce lilypond files from MIDI files. I tried to invoke midi2ly as instructed in the manual:
"

*midi2ly translates a Type 1 MIDI file to a LilyPond source file. *

*MIDI (Music Instrument Digital Interface) is a standard for digital instruments: it specifies cabling, a serial protocol and a file format. The MIDI file format is a de facto standard format for exporting music from other programs, so this capability may come in useful when importing files from a program that has a converter for a direct format. *

*midi2ly converts tracks into **Staff* <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Staff#Staff>* and channels into **Voice* <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Voice#Voice>* contexts. Relative mode is used for pitches, durations are only written when necessary.* "

The command line tells me: *No such file or directory*. The version I downloaded is: 2.10.33-1. It downloaded easily just by clicking in the GUI. Should I have downloaded it through the command line in order to get midi2ly, and other xxxxly conversion files?

Rafael
γγγ

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing