Re: issues making lilypond

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: issues making lilypond
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:42:15 -0700

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 05:12 +0000, Kevin Sapp wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been having trouble making lilypond due to a very strange error.  The
> make
> claims that a file in $[LILYPOND]/flower, called file-name.cc, has some
> undeclared variables (specifically: PATH_MAX and cwd in the function 'string
> get_working_directory').  I would dig into this and just declare these
> variables
> (I played with it briefly), but I'd rather get advice from someone with a more
> comprehensive knowledge of the structure of the program.  If you can help,
> please let me know!

You may be trying to build lilypond with a too-new version of gcc.
Recent versions of gcc changed which header files were included by
default. The 2.11 branch was updated to build with new gcc, but I don't
think 2.10 was. If you really want to build 2.10, you can do so by
figuring out which extra headers you need to include.

Joe