Re: convert-ly broken on Mac OS X "Tiger"?

From: Kurt Kroon
Subject: Re: convert-ly broken on Mac OS X "Tiger"?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 06:14:30 -0700

On 2008/09/10 4:11 AM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2008/09/09 21:31 -0700, Kurt Kroon wrote:
>
>> I'm getting an error when I try to update a file to v.2.11.57 on Mac OS X
>> "Tiger", running on a G4 PowerBook. (The file works fine in v.2.10.33,
>> though I need to do some more tweaks to fix some minor layout issues.)
>
> Providing Python 2.4 in GUB binaries for MacOS X Tiger is probably the
> right solution, but it's not too hard to do only if Python 2.4 can be
> cross-compiled on Linux for MacOS X.  Not I'm not able to do this in GUB
> (yet).  In the meantime, you may want to install Python 2.4 or 2.5 on
> your system.

I just upgraded my Python installation to version 2.5.2 (via MacPython), but
I'm still getting that error.

(I even renamed my dev install, just in case Mac OS X didn't like the space
I used to have in the name.)

So is this a problem with the MacPython package?
Is it time for me to dig into my system's (and Python's) guts?

KK