Re: updated margins-a4-letter.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: updated margins-a4-letter.ly
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 11:43:46 -0700

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:22:30 -0700
Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 09:58:12AM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> >
> > #(set-default-paper-size ...)
> > set any variables other than paper-width and paper-height?
>
> The variables are defined in the set-paper-dimensions function in
> scm/paper.scm.  So #(set-default-paper-size) defines paper-width,
> paper-height, line-width, indent, and short-indent.  #(set-paper-size)
> does the same.

Hmm.  I'm not wild about checking paper-width directly, since it
involves magic numbers... but then again, the rest of the .ly is
filled with magic numbers anyway, so I might as well do it.  :)

(I just saw Reinhold's solution, but given the extra length and
David's question about eval, I think I'll stick with this one...
it's not like we redefine the width of US letter paper very often.
:)

FIXED
- margins set correctly regardless of how you set the paper size
  (command-line, #(set-default-paper-size), etc).

Cheers,
- Graham