Re: TabStaff stringTuning problem?

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: TabStaff stringTuning problem?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:13:38 -0600

On 10/28/08 8:17 PM, "Jesús Guillermo Andrade" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Dear Jonathan and Carl: Thanks a lot for your kind help. I actually managed to
> solve the issue. There are some subtleties involved with the relative notes :)
> but, thanks to both of you, I was finally able to overcome this problem.

Jesus,

You may have an easier time with relative notes if you put your chords in
increasing pitch order, rather than in increasing string order.

i.e. perhaps you could try

<a\4 b\1 d\3 fis\2>

instead of

<a\4 d\3 fis\2 b,\1>

because your first string is lower than your third string.

I think this will eliminate nearly all of the problems with the relative
pitches.

Carl Sorensen