Polymetric notation and percent repeats

From: Francesco Casadei
Subject: Polymetric notation and percent repeats
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:42:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,
I'm writing a piece of music with compound signature time 4/4 + 3/4
(i.e. alternating measures of 4/4 and 3/4) with:

% Create 4/4 + 3/4 time signature
tsMarkup =\markup {
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 2) \number {
    \column { "4" "4" }
    \vcenter "+"
    \column { "3" "4" }

and then:

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'text = #tsMarkup
\clef "bass"
\time 7/4

I can't get the percent repeats printed properly according to the
compound signature time.

\repeat percent 2 { d1 \bar "|" d2. | }

This outputs two measures as one would expect (4/4 + 3/4), followed by a
_single_ 7/4 measure with a percent sign.
I would like to get two measures with a double percent on the bar
between the two.

I've tried using this "hack":

\repeat percent 2 { d1 \skip 2. | \skip 1 d2. | }

This works, but the result is ugly because of the horizontal spacing
introduced by the skips.

Does anybody know how to use percent repeats with polymetric notation?

Regards,
Francesco Casadei