Re: How to make note spacing disregard lyrics

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: How to make note spacing disregard lyrics
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:11:39 +0100

On 25.11.2008 (05:46), Till wrote:

> But this is just a workaround, not a solution. It has been stated many times
> that the spacing is not really working for ancient: it is too much built on
> the assumption that a note takes space according to its duration and not
> only according to its real extent.

Even though this is a different problem than the one I was addressing, it's
definitely one that I would like to see a solution to. Some of the
gregorian examples in LSR and manual alike are ... ehem ... slightly
embarrassing.

The worst sort of alliances are those which weaken us.  Worse still is
when an Emperor fails to recognize such an alliance for what it is.

  -- PRINCE RAPHAEL CORRINO, Discourses on Leadership