Re: FretBoards

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: FretBoards
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:18:59 -0700

On 12/9/08 10:22 PM, "Richard Schoeller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there any way to build a chord diagram using the verbose syntax and
> use it FretBoards?  I didn't see anything in the docs for this.  There
> are few things that I'd like to try for showing the use of a capo that I
> can't do with terse.

As of now, there is no way to use the verbose syntax with FretBoards.
However, it could potentially be added.

Can you tell me more about what you'd like to do?  Perhaps show me the
diagram you'd like to use as a markup?

I've avoided using verbose as the primary syntax for fret diagrams because
it's so user unfriendly.  But now that I think about it, I could make
verbose syntax the primary form, and create a terse_to_verbose function that
would still allow users to specify the fret diagram with a terse string.

The only thing I can think of that verbose allows but terse doesn't is
multiple dots on a single string.

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen