Re: Translating tempo marks -- scheme question

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Translating tempo marks -- scheme question
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:26:45 -0800 (PST)

Dmytro,

This isn't stupid. What's happening (I think) is:
Metronome_mark_engraver sees the exact same tempo
command twice in a row, so it doesn't print the
second one, since it's redundant. As if to say,
"the tempo already *is* Allegretto, no need to
reprint it."

Off the top of my head, I don't know how to tell
the engraver to stop doing this, but I'm sure
there's a way (there's always a way!). But one
easy workaround is to add a \null command to the
second consecutive instance of a tempo mark. The
\null markup takes up no space (when used with
\concat), but changes the markup signature, so
the engraver will print it. Like so:

\tempo \markup \concat { \null \ukr #"Allegretto" }

If you need more than two identical tempo markings
in a row, you'll need to alternate the \null:

\tempo \markup { \ukr #"Allegretto" }
\tempo \markup \concat { \null \ukr #"Allegretto" }
\tempo \markup { \ukr #"Allegretto" }
\tempo \markup \concat { \null \ukr #"Allegretto" }

Otherwise, I think it's a good idea. One or two
changes could streamline your scheme code even
more, however:

1) use '("Adagio" . "Повільно") instead of (cons "Adagio" "Повільно")
2) use (null? items) instead of (equal? '() items)
3) use (caar items) instead of (car (car items))
4) use (cdar items) instead of (cdr (car items))

Hope this helps.
- Mark