Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 14:57:18 -0800 (PST)

Piero,

I've cooked up a way of "tearing" the right side of
the staff, which you can take a look at. Presumably
tearing the left side of the staff shouldn't be too
much harder, but I don't have time to look at it
right now. I've included a lilypond file for you to
experiment with. Play around with the values at the
top to suit your needs:

rightTearWidth = #1
rightTearHeight = #8
rightTearLineWidth = #0.1
rightTearSerrations = #5
rightTearPadding = #0

And notice the usage at the end of the file:

\score {
  \relative {
    \repeat unfold 4 { g'4 d' b d } \rightTear
    \repeat unfold 4 { g,4 d' b d } \rightTear
  }
  \layout {
    ragged-right = ##t

Otherwise, is this about what you're looking for?
Let me know if you have questions or need anything
explained. Happy to help.

- Mark