Re: short instrument name setting

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: short instrument name setting
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 08:23:05 -0500

Graham,

You want a way of indicating that something is only to be used for
particular instruments/situations, without using a command that's
designed to be used for particular instrument/situations?

No, I want you to tell me why I should use \tag to hide/display an instrument name in a particular score, when it works perfectly well — and doesn't mix content with presentation — to do the same thing by manipulating the \with or \context block of the score definition.

=)

Cheers,
Kieren.