Re: splitting chords entered as <<c e g>>^"with stuff" \etc

From: Tim Woodall
Subject: Re: splitting chords entered as <<c e g>>^"with stuff" \etc
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:58:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

Thanks Dave,
Seems the script doesn't like the text in the file - using ^"some
words"
causes problems. Also, some of the articulations are a problem for it.
When I finally got a resulting file the octaves were totally messed
up,
I had notes with ledger lines halfway up or down the page. Too much
time
editing the resulting file, I may as well just edit the original by
hand.
thanks anyway,
Chip

The octaves are not changed as long as there's no \relative.

Surely the octaves can change? (I'm a very new lilypond user but a
fairly confident sed user so I might be completely misunderstanding
something)

c d e f c' d' e' f'

Even something like
c c c c
e f g, a

(Given that the OP wants to separate these out into parts it's probably
the case that the music doesn't do this but ...)

It might be sufficient to drop all the ' and , and then let the OP put
them back by hand if that doesn't cause too many places where the octave
goes wrong.

"s/,'//g" first on the file

Tim.

and there was light.