RE: String number in a \markup

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: String number in a \markup
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:35:23 +1100

Have a look at the message I posted yesterday titled "Colliding rests
warning". The code I included in that shows how to move the string number
markup to underneath the clef symbol:
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg45134.html.

You could also engrave both actual notes and scordatura. As a player I find
that easier when the scordatura involves two or three strings - I don't have
to keep remembering which strings and by how much. It's obviously more work
for the engraver, though. eg:

\version "2.12.2"

\paper {
        #(set-paper-size "a4")
        top-margin = 1.5\cm
        bottom-margin = 1.5\cm
        line-width = 18\cm
        ragged-last-bottom = ##f
}

\header {
        tagline = ##f
}

actual = \markup {
        \lower #0.5
        \score {
                \new Staff \with {
                        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
                } {
                        \set Staff.instrumentName= \markup \huge "(actual) "
                        \clef treble \cadenzaOn
                        \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
                        <d a d' a' d'' f''>4 s \bar "dashed"
                }
                \layout {
                        ragged-right = ##t
                        indent = 1\cm
        \hspace #.5
}

scordatura = \markup {
        \lower #1.0
        \score {
                \new Staff \with {
                        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
                } {
                        \set Staff.instrumentName= \markup \tiny
"(scordatura)  "
                        \clef treble \cadenzaOn
                        \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
                        <d a d' g' b' e''>4 s \bar "dashed"