Re: TAB question -- frescobaldi tab support

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: TAB question -- frescobaldi tab support
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 23:02:54 +0100

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Op vrijdag 13 februari 2009, schreef Grammostola Rosea:
Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Op vrijdag 13 februari 2009, schreef Grammostola Rosea:
When I use a template in Frescobaldi for electric bass it doesn't seems
to work, I get a error message, see below.
Which error message do you get?
GNU LilyPond 2.12.0
Verwerken van `baztest.ly'
Ontleden...
Vertolken van muziek...
Voorbewerken van grafische objecten...
Vertolken van muziek...Segmentatiefout
(in Frescobaldi) stopte met status 1)

That's strange, on my system it just runs fine. Maybe some optimisation issue? (i.e. not Frescobaldi-related)

Besides that, the tablature is placed above the notation by default
which is not how it should be imho.
I'm not experienced with TabStaves, please provide information about how
you would like to generate tabstaffs in Frescobaldi (or submit a feature
request on http://lilykde.googlecode.com, the SVN repo for Frescobaldi).

Should the tab staff be below the notes by default? Then I will change
that in Frescobaldi. (Note that it is easy to just swap the staves in the
Frescobaldi- generated template.)
I think we need more people to decide which is the best. I think David
and others can help with it, to get nice guitar / bass templates.

I think tablature should be below notation by default.

Yes, I also saw it in the LIlyPond documentation. I have changed Frescobaldi (svn) to put the normal staff on top.

Tablature shouldn't have beams.

I could provide a checkbox for that in Frescobaldi, but i'm no tablature expert... I'll follow the discussion about this in the LilyPond field.

with best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

Wilbert (and David),

Am I right that your electric bassguitar template has 6 strings? I think for bass 4 strings would fit better (or maybe 5 strings)... What do you think David?

Regards,

\r