Re: Total invisibility

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: Re: Total invisibility
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:23:48 -0700

> I cannot have that (i.e. it's a personal choice to minimize the number of
> changes from one project to another) because the "Staff" is exported from
> the "contents" file: Hence at the score level, I just want to see a variable
> "\staves" (which is a "StaffGroup"); but no reference to the internal
> "drone" or "pipes".

Two comments:

First, the great thing about a program like LilyPond is that one is
not constrained to templates.  You create your own that works for you.

Second, the problem is that you may learn over the course of several
projects that your current template is somehow deficient.  Much better
to improve your template now and save yourself potential hours of
working around an old template that may not suit all your needs.  I
can foresee many types of workflow for large projects, but I for one
like to have many small files that feed into one or more parent files.
 Editing is much easier that way (at least in vim) and it offers
maximum flexibility in the end.  But it's taken a couple years to get
a template I'm happy with.

I know that's not too helpful - but I've never regretted a few hours'
work getting my templates right.

Good luck!
Neil

--