Re: Partial measures

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Partial measures
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:19:56 -0600

Nick Payne wrote:
I'm engraving a piece that has partial measures at the beginning and end of
both repeats. The piece is in 4/4 time, with the initial measure of each
repeat being 1/8 and the final measure 7/8. In a minimal example, eg

\relative c'' {
        \time 4/4
        \repeat volta 2 {
                \partial 8 gis8 |
                fis4 g g c, |
\partial 8*7 b2. r8 }
}

I get no errors, but in the actual score, adding the \partial 8*7 at the end
of a repeat gives a barcheck failed error. In s.1.2.3 of the NR it states
that \partial is intended only to be used at the beginning of a piece. What's the correct way of getting this working?
Nick

Ps. Search function in the LSR seems broken at the moment - nothing gets
returned for any search.

Hi Nick,

I haven't had to do this before but it seems to work right without using \partial after the beginning of the piece. See if this gets the output you want. I just copied the same notes in to act as the B section:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.12.3"

\relative c'' {
        \time 4/4