Re: Using midi2ly

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Using midi2ly
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 06:57:22 +0100

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:09:01PM +0100, Hans Aberg wrote:
> The typeset output looks weird when applying midi2ly (and convert-ly) of
> LilyPond 2.12.2 to:
>   http://users.telenet.be/scottischkilt2/Midi/midi/72ndhighfare.mid

Which brings me to another question: why a version of midi2ly is
packaged with lilypond and still I have to use convert-ly ? Shouldn't
always midi2ly (and the other xxx2ly converters) be made compatible with
the lilypond version it is packaged with before releasing any official
new lilypond version release ? Or is that easier said than done ?

--

Martin Tarenskeen