increasing the distance between tie and note generally

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: increasing the distance between tie and note generally
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:26:31 +0200

Dear community,
in the below quoted snippet the position of the tie isn't convincing,
in my opinion. It should be al little further apart from the
notes. Off couse I could type \override Tie #'staff-position all the
time, but I would be interested in tweaking it generally.
Is there a possibilitie?
Here the short snippet:

\version "2.12.1"
global = { \time 3/4 }
notes = \relative { \times 2/3 {e 16 g, e'~ } e8 ~ e2 ~ \break e 2. \break }

\new Staff { \global \transpose c c'  \notes \notes
         \override Tie #'staff-position = #5.5  \transpose c c'  \notes %this
looks convincing
\notes %this does not!
}
%%%%%END