Re: download versie 2.12

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: download versie 2.12
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:44:11 -0400

I was able to download winMd5Sum for free from http://www.nullriver.com/. Open the application (I have a shortcut on the desktop and just double click the icon) and put in the path\filename for the file and the MD5Sum and go for it.

Ralph

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Christ van Willegen <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:26:29AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>>
>> I believe we can consider downloads from lilypond.org to be safe,
>> but Dirk does have a point: how does he verify [binary] downloads?
>
> Perhaps we could add a column with md5sums of all the installers to
> the download page?  This would be useful, IMO, but would probably take
> some effort to implement in GUB.

Not only that, but it's a PITA to check an MD5-sum in Windows!

The message he got probably originated form Windows XP or Vista.

Christ van Willegen