Re: default midi velocity

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: default midi velocity
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 00:25:59 +0200

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 09:50:17AM +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> Patch attached for those who want to try.

I was wondering what the "experts" think of my suggested patches to
change Lilypond's MID output behaviour:

Current: default MIDI Note On velocity value of 127
Proposed: default MIDI Note On velocity value of 90

Current: default MIDI Note Off velocity value of 64
Proposed: MIDI Note On message with velocity=0 used as (pseudo-) Note
Off message. This is the normal method in the MIDI world.

(My patch was attached to my previous posting in this thead.)

--

Martin Tarenskeen