Polyphony + Autochange

From: George_
Subject: Polyphony + Autochange
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 11:52:15 -0700 (PDT)

I can't get autochange to work with polyphonic notation. I've tried all sorts
of stuff, and everything gives results in four broad categories: 1) the
voices engrave on top of each other like they should, but autochange doesn't
work, 2) the voices are engraved after, not on top of, each other, 3) I get
some weird combination of new staves in various stages of completeness, or
4) for some strange reason Lilypond applies the second voice's rhythm to the
first voice and I end up getting a mess of music that goes off the page.

If anyone needs some examples I'll endeavour to recreate my experiments and
post them up.

If possible, could someone give me a tutorial on getting multiple voices to
automatically change staves based on pitch? And if at all possible, could
this be added to the docs, because they deal with this issue really, really
badly?

Thanks for the help

George