Re: adding to the LSR

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: adding to the LSR
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:57:18 +0200

2009/4/29 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Yes and no.  It would be a great strategy, if we had any clue what
> the status of LSR was.  Until we have some kind of indication as
> to when the change can happen, and how it should happen, I
> question whether any of this work is worthwhile.
> Valentin, what's the latest?

No news from Seba. Of course, we may install a temporary LSR on my
server (or Reinhold's).

> I'd say:
> 1)  make LSR 2.12
> 2)  tag snippets
> 3)  add stuff from input/new/
> 4)  go through each tag, checking for non-overlap with 2.12 NR,
> accuracy, compliance with doc policy, etc.

I agree with Mats, we should first improve convert-ly as much as we can.

> Is it worth defining our own function
>  replaceOnly("\\octave", ...)
> which does
>  re.sub("\\octave[?a-z,A-Z]", ...)
> or whatever the regex was?

An even more drastic way would be to redefine re.sub so we don't have
to search-and-replace through the whole script :-)

Regards,
Valentin