Pango critical w/ v2.12.1

From: Oscar van Eijk
Subject: Pango critical w/ v2.12.1
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:35:16 +0200

Hi All,
I upgraded my system from Ubuntu 8.04 to 9.04, which included a newer Lilypond as well.
I'm not quite sure which version I had before; it was some 2.11.x, but now I'm on the stable branche.

However, there's a crash in Lilypond that is known in a 2.11 release, but here it is:

bash$ lilypond RedYellowBlue
GNU LilyPond 2.12.1
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
Processing `RedYellowBlue.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
warning: cannot find property type-check for `forced-distance' (backend-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway
[8][16][24][32]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
(process:13500): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
loaded modules were found. Pango will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
  '/usr/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running pango-querymodules.

(process:13500): Pango-WARNING **: pango_shape called with bad font, expect ugly output

(process:13500): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_glyph_extents called with bad font, expect ugly output

(process:13500): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_fc_font_lock_face: assertion `PANGO_IS_FC_FONT (font)' failed
Segmentation fault

The pango modules are in /usr/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules, pango.modules does not exist in /usr/etc/pango, it does in /usr/local/lilypond/usr/etc/pango/pango.modules.

I removed and re-installed everything to make sure I really have the latest version, but no luck.
Any suggestions?

Thnx in advance,
Oscar