[**SPAM 9.9**] Re: debian and lilypond 2.12

From: Gauvain Pocentek
Subject: [**SPAM 9.9**] Re: debian and lilypond 2.12
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 17:57:14 +0200

Hi all,

On 06/07/2009 03:59 PM, Gilles Filippini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Paul Wise a écrit :
>> It looks like lilypond is unmaintained in Debian, so that is unlikely
>> to happen until it gets a new maintainer or newly active maintainer.
>> CCing the maintainer, hopefully they will respond.
>
> It appears that lilypond is actively maintained in ubuntu[1].
> I'd like to take over this package in Debian but I don't know about the
> practices when a package is already maintained in Ubuntu:
> * should I start from the Ubuntu source package?

The ubuntu package is already based on the debian one in fact, so there's not
much to do to have it ready for debian. Updating to 2.12.1 was almost a matter
of running uupdate from the 2.10 debian package.

> * the Ubuntu lilypond release is now 2.12.1-0ubuntu1; what should be the
> debian release then? 2.12.1-1?

Yes.

> * or simply persuade the ubuntu maintainer to package it for Debian ;)
> (cc-ing him)?

I thought about that but I'm not familiar at all with the debian process and I
probably should go through docs about that before starting anything. Plus I
really don't want to take over the package without interaction with Thomas.
But I'm definitly interesting in helping out with this package, maybe in a team
as Vincent Bernat suggested in an other mail.

Regards,
Gauvain Pocentek

PS: please CC: me, i'm not subscribed to debian-devel.