Re: Petrucci-like spacing?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Petrucci-like spacing?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 20:15:25 -0400

    Carl> Here's my attempt to get the spacing you're looking for.  I've
    Carl> done it manually, but if you like it, I think that I can write
    Carl> a music function \petrucciSpacing{} that will generate it
    Carl> automatically.

    Carl> What I've done is to multiply each note by a value necessary
    Carl> to make its final duration equal a 1/4 note.

    Carl> \relative c'' {
    Carl>   \key f \major g1*1/4 bes1*1/4 a1*1/4 g1*1/4 d'1.*1/6 c4 bes4 c1*1/4
    Carl> }

    Carl> Does this seem at all promising?

Yes, but there's still the problem of extra space at the barline.  I
tried Michael's solutions and doing nothing at all and there's still
extra space after the 4th whole note.

I wouldn't bother with the music function until we can figure out how to
remove the space that happens when the barline isn't there.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you
give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in
judgment.

J.R.R. Tolkein, _The Lord of the Rings_