Re: Lilypond and Jazz chords

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond and Jazz chords
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:58:32 -0600

On 6/10/09 2:03 AM, "Tao Cumplido" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> But as I said before, if anybody wants to create a chordname input mode
>> that
>> takes a root, and arbitrary name string, and an optional added bass,
>> they're
>> welcome to do so.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-02/msg00293.html
>
> The input-mode is a little constructed but it works.

Right, but this input mode gives chords as lyrics, not as ChordNames.  It's
certainly a way to accomplish what you want, and I don't want to minimize
the benefit of your work.

I think it's great that you did this.  Have you put this on LSR?

Perhaps we should consider adding this to the distribution.

Thanks,

Carl