Re: Removing Piano Staff Temporarily Under Flute Part

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Removing Piano Staff Temporarily Under Flute Part
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:55:42 +0200

On 03.07.2009, at 11:38, craigbakalian wrote:

Hi,
I am typesetting a Sonata for Flute and Piano.  There is a section in
the music where the flute part goes into a cadenza with no piano
accompaniment.  I want Lily to stop printing the empty piano part for 24
bars, and format the flute part on about a half a page, and then resume
the printing of piano staff there after.

Hi. You'll want to look at the various options under 1.6.2 Staff symbol and Hiding staves.

James E. Bailey