Re: ANN: LilyPondTool 2.12.862 2nd Release Candidate

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: ANN: LilyPondTool 2.12.862 2nd Release Candidate
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> I released a bugfix version of the latest LilyPondTool for
> testing before release to the widest public of jEdit plugin
> repository.

Bert,

maybe I didn't install the update correctly, or maybe I need to
flush some settings cache or something, but I'm getting the
permission denied error very frequently now, with jEdit needing to
be restarted each time.

Here's my test file:

\version "2.13.2"
{ c }

Here are some steps to reproduce the problem (at least on my
computer).

Cycle 1:

Dock the console at right
compile the file
start the pdf viewer
dock the pdf viewer at right
compile the file again

...permission denied...

Cycle 2:

Now the console and pdf viewer are already docked at right at
startup.

open the file
compile the file
click on the (docked) pdf-viewer tab
compile the file again
click again on the pdf-viewer tab
compile the file once more

...permission denied...

Also (this is totally unrelated), I wish there were some
easy-to-find notice of which version I'm running. If I didn't
install the updates correctly, it's hard to tell if I'm actually
running "LilyPondTool 2.12.862".

Thanks!
- Mark