Vertical-Spacing

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Vertical-Spacing
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:17:22 +0200

Hello Lilypond-Users,

I am trying to set an eight-voice choral score in four staffs (SATB). This is working out very well and my choir-singing fellows appreciate the nice look of my lilypond-scores. Right now I am compiling a collection of pieces to a book. One of these pieces shows up with a phenomenom, wich I do not understand: The default-staff-size is set to 16 - that makes 3 SATB-systems. But there is one page with only 2 systems leaving a lot of blank space in the middle. I tried to tweak with VerticalAxisGroup on Staff and on Lyrics, but that didn't change this. If I change the default-staff- size to 15 or 17, the blank fields shows up on different pages. I used '\set stanza' to save vertical space with dynamics and some annotations. Annotate-spacing showed up a metric wich would indeed leave space for 3 systems on the said pages.
How else can I try to prevent this?

I hope this is not an annoying blind-eyes-newbie-question!

Have a good day.
Regards, Jan-Peter.