Re: Staff sizing

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Staff sizing
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:24:23 +0200

2009/8/25 Didi & MiMi Kanjahn <address@hidden>:
> Hi Valentin,

Hi,

> May I ask you a question?

Sure, but you can also include the list :-)

> I am trying to resize a score from A4 to A5.
> Using
>
>   \layout {
>   #(layout-set-staff-size 14)...
>
> most things bound to the staff scaled down nicely, but the distance of staff
> lines (for me unexpectedly) did not.

Hmm. Are you sure that it isn't a bug with your PDF reader? For
example, if you zoom in does it look better?

> I tried
>
>  \score{
>  <<
>        \new Staff << \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #0.7 \global  \new
> Voice  { \one }...
>
> but that did nothing.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea. (Hence the usefulness of the list!)

> And there are still some things around the font selection that puzzle me,
> e.g.:
>
> I have the following fonts on my system:
>
> Khmer Mondulkiri
> Khmer Mondulkiri book
> Khmer Mondulkiri book Bunong
> Khmer Mondulkiri Semibold
>
> The first, third and last can be specified just fine, but if I specify the
> second Lilypond uses the first.

Perhaps it's because you're not typing the correct font name (have you
forgotten the upper-case "B" in "Book"?)...

Regards,
Valentin