Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:08:06 -0400

Hi David,

The initial impulse for the negative attitude, which has prevented any
thought of how the thing could and should be done, is simple laziness.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I *have* put thought into how this could be done in Lilypond, and ultimately decided not that it CAN'T be done (since, as you say, it would be relatively easy to implement), but only that it SHOULDN'T (as seconded by Graham and essentially everyone else involved in this thread).

This is clearly where you seem to not understand the situation, and, by extension, the way that open-source communities work. For the second (or maybe third?) time, I recommend that if you feel \followKeySignature is a worthwhile thing to have in Lilypond, instead of smugly tossing insults around — which seems to be your modus operandi — submit a *Lilypond* (i.e., C++ or Scheme) patch to implement it.

Barring that, accept that you are the main obstacle to its implementation, and stop bothering us with the idea.

I just get tired of reading the nonsense and insults

Now there, we agree 100%... and my "simple laziness" (as you so insultingly put it) won't get in the way of me moving on: I'm done even bothering to think about this issue.
Kieren.