Permission denied due to MIDI with percussion

From: dflo404
Subject: Permission denied due to MIDI with percussion
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 17:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all.  I understand the basics to Lilypond, but I am still very new to
it.

I am working on a song that has a lot of different percussive instruments
playing at once, and I was hoping I could transfer it to Lilypond to produce
some good looking sheet music as well as a MIDI file.

So far I have entered the first four measures of a cowbell part.  The pdf
file is produced just fine, but when I attempt to create a MIDI file I get
this error message:

error: cannot open for write:
/Users/D-Flo/Documents/Lilypond/LatinPercussion/LatinPercussion.mid:
Permission denied

Here are the contents of my .ly file:

\version "2.12.2"

\header
  {
     title = "Percussion Song"
     composer = "Dan Florio"
  }

Cowbell = \drums
  {
     cb16 r r8 cb4 cb8 cb cb16 r cb8
     cb cb cb16 r cb r cb8 cb cb16 r cb8
     cb16 r r8 cb4 cb8 cb cb16 r cb8
     cb cb cb16 r cb r cb8 cb cb16 r cb8
  }

\score
  {
     <<
     \Cowbell

     \midi { \context { \Score tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 275
4) } }
     \layout { }
  }

I'm sure there is a lot wrong with my .ly file, as I am a total noob with
this software, so any advice in that respect would be greatly appreciated
(proper way to format, easier or better way to do what I'm doing...etc).

Is this just a case of MIDI not liking my cowbell?  I tested this out with
four quarter notes on the cowbell and the MIDI worked just fine.  Once I
typed in the actual part with all of the eighth and sixteenth notes, I get
the error message.

Thanks all.

-Dan