Re: linking render frames in Scribus

From: Jack Cooper
Subject: Re: linking render frames in Scribus
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 17:49:45 -0700 (PDT)

I used Scribus to help lay out my first large book project.  The main issue
I had with the version of Scribus I was using was that the various methods
for incorporating lilypond pdf output rendered *horribly* in print.  I tried
a number of methods, and each time I noticed distinct degradation in
output quality from output incorporated into a Scribus file (and then
exported as pdf) than from the original lilypond output.

What I wound up doing was exporting each page of output as a hi-res
png image and simply importing each page of music output as an
image in Scribus.  Made a helluva large pdf file, but when the end
product is print, who cares?

I don't know whether the lousy pdf rendering was a result of the
version I was using at the time (the book was finished in February)
and whether subsequent releases have improved pdf import.

Cheers,
  Jack

 Jack Cooper, BerLen Music
www.berlenmusic.com