Re: partial chord ties in second alternative

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: partial chord ties in second alternative
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 23:02:16 +0200

Patrick Schmidt wrote:
is there a way to achieve repeated ties of selected notes of a chord ... ?

This is rather like Nick Payne's LaisserVibrer question in http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-04/msg00313.html because both are what Lilypond calls semi-ties.

Maybe you are content with \override RepeatTieColumn #'tie-configuration = #(list (cons -4 -1) (cons -2 -1) (cons 0 -1) (cons 4.4 1) ) which is fiddly and doesn't transpose.

Or how about ugly (+ transposable) instead of fiddly:

\hideNotes \set tieWaitForNote = ##t \grace { <e g b e>4 ~ s4 } \unHideNotes <c e g b e>1

My choice would be to mirror my feta-laisserVibrer code (as attached). It is easy to apply, but it may be inconvenient to keep around.

Cheers,
Robin